Last updated September 01, 2018
Here at Lòfinda, we respect your privacy, as we believe that it would be wrong to have your privacy infringed as a result of your dealings and association with us.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources that we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously.
We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users’ means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
This policy does not however apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
It should be noted that our website may contain links to other websites and as such, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites and we advise you to read the privacy statements of each website you visit which collects your personal information.
How we use collected information
Your personal data will be collected, used, disclosed and/or processed for only the following purposes:
• For registered members, your name and email address may be disclosed to the relevant service providers when you click on any contact details the service providers display in their profiles including website, email, social media contact, phone number, and other contacts to help with their marketing purposes and so as to serve you better.
• To send you notices, information, promotions, surveys and updates including marketing and advertising materials in relation to our website(s) and services and those of third party organizations selected by us, which you can always opt out from.
• For verification and recording of your personal particulars including comparing it with information from other sources and using the information to communicate with you.
• To conduct statistical analysis of our users including the number of users, the frequency of use, profile of users, enhance our value offer, targeted advertisements and conveying such information in broad terms (but not information in relation to specific individuals) to third parties who have or propose to have business dealings with us (never at your peril).
• To comply with any request from any third party or any order of court or directive from authorities investigating any alleged offence, misdeeds and/or abuse or for the purposes of taking legal action against any user.
Will your personal information be shared with anyone?
• We will not sell or rent your personal information to anyone.
• We will only share your personal details with a third party for the purposes and situations as described above, or for other purposes where we have your consent to do so.
How we protect your information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that personal data are protected from unauthorized access and other similar risks.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
Access to your account(s) is password protected. Thus, no other party, including Lòfinda employees, can change the information. However, you must remember to log off from your account and close the browser window after use so that no unauthorized party can have access via your devices. You are responsible for the safekeeping of your password and account. You must not, at any time, disclose your password to any third party. We will not be held responsible, and you agree that you will not hold us responsible for any losses or damage incurred by you whatsoever caused by your non-compliance to any of the foregoing.
On no account will Lòfinda, or any member of its staff or any of its partners ask you to disclose your username and/or password.
When you visit or interact with our website(s), we or our authorized suppliers/service providers may use “cookies” and other similar technologies where small data files are sent to your browser, application or device to store and track information about you when you enter our website(s). This is no different from other websites. This is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites enabling our system to recognize you when you visit our website again and enhance your web-viewing experience.
You may accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser, application or device, if the browser, application or device so permits. However, note that you may not be able to use all interactive features on our sites if cookies have been disabled completely.
While this cookie can tell us when you enter our site(s) and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
We will notify you by updating this policy if at anytime or for any reason we see it fit to amend this policy (the right of which we reserve).
You agree that such posting will constitute sufficient and adequate notice to you of the changes. You agree that you will read this policy upon every visit to our website, and you agree that your continued use of our services after such amendment will constitute your acceptance of and agreement to be bound by the modified policy.
This policy is subject to the subsisting laws of the United Kingdom of Great Britain in relation to the protection of information, and if required by any lawful authority for any legal purposes such as the enforcement of any laws or to prevent the breaching of any laws, we shall release all such information as is legally required in accordance with the directions of the court in compliance with the extant laws.
Can you opt out?
Yes! you can. Whenever we send you any marketing information, we will include instructions on how to unsubscribe. Alternatively, you may contact us here.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us here.